Tuesday, August 21, 2007

I'll have a Mojito, Chicken that is

I had an old jar of Trader Joe's Mojito Simmer sauce sitting in the pantry. I've made used it before with chicken but I wanted to try something that was more of a "recipe." So I was delighted to find a recipe on Jessy's blog Envious Edibles! It was very yummy served over rice. I did change a few things, which I noted in orange in the recipe.



Mojito Chicken

1/2 onion diced (used 1 small onion)
2 cloves of garlic diced (didn't add garlic)
2 chicken breasts ( diced into bite sized pieces) (used 1 lb thin sliced chicken breasts)
1 jar of mojito simmer sauce
1 can of corn (drained) (used canned mexican corn mixture)
1 can of black beans ( drained)
1 tablespoon of Caribbean seasoning (used 1 TBS Emeril Southwest seasoning)
1/3 cup of Bacardi 151 Rum ( or any rum of your choice)
1 pinch of crushred red pepper (sprinkled cayene before serving)

Salt and pepper chicken,sprinkle with Caribbean seasoning, crushed red pepper and cook until brown in small amount of olive oil . (I dipped my chicken into egg and then flour combined with the Emeril seasoning & lightly fried in oil. Then I removed the chicken from the pan) Add Rum and cook until alcohol burns off, remove from pan. Saute onions and garlic, add corn and black beans. Simmer for just a few minutes, then add simmer sauce and add chicken back into the sauce. Serve over rice.

1 comment:

Joy Through Cooking said...

TAG! http://megpug.blogspot.com/2007/08/ive-been-tagged.html