Saturday, February 16, 2008

Valentine's Dinner 2008

Happy Valentine's Day 2008! For dinner this year, I decided to go with one of our favorite shrimp recipes, Spicy Shrimp Scampi and roasted asparagus. For appetizers, I came up with an idea to take crescent dough and fill it with a piece of brie and cranberry sauce, and make a mini muffin tart. I baked them in the oven for 10 minutes to brown them and melt the cheese. And for dessert, what better than Funfetti Cake with Strawberry Fluff icing. I also used pink sugar crystals to make a heart decoration.

Cranberry Brie Bites
Spicy Shrimp Scampi with AsparagusFunfetti Cake with Strawberry Fluff Icing

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I just bought some shrimp and was looking for a good scampi recipe to try... I think I'll try yours... It seems so simple but sounds good Thanks!

Rochelle R. said...

The cranberry brie bites look really good. Can you post the recipe? I always use ground turkey when I cook also.